There are a limited number of Pokémon that can be possible Raid Bosses. The availability of these Raid Bosses have been altered once; excluding the Legendary Pokémon.
In past events (regional ones specifically), there have been exclusive Raid Bosses that cannot normally be encountered at Gyms.
Raid Boss CP formula
The formula is identical to the traditional CP Formula; except the stamina and CP scalar portion in the divisor are replaced with a tier scalar which represents the Raid Boss's HP and the IVs for attack and defense are fixed to 15 (maximum IV value).
- Tier 1:
- Tier 2:
- Tier 3:
- Tier 4:
- Tier 5:
- The Raid Boss icon is based off of Rhydon's face — who was the first Pokémon designed and programmed into the original game. There are also various Rhydon statutes that can be found throughout the game as well.
- On November 4, 2017, the raid bosses were rotated for the first time.
- Raid Battles and New Gym Features are Coming!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2017-06-19.
- Raid Battles. Niantic Support. Retrieved on 2017-06-19.
- Bulbasaur Isn't Neccesarily The First Pokémon. Kotaku. Retrieved on 2017-06-20.
- New Raid Bosses Collection Thread. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-11-04.