Squirtle is a Water-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It evolves into Wartortle when fed with 25 candies and its final evolution form is Blastoise. Squirtle is also the Starter Pokémon.
| Squirtle - Tiny Turtle Pokémon
| Squirtle's shell is not merely used for protection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokémon to swim at high speeds.
Squirtle is the part of a three-member family.
Shiny Squirtle Pokédex entry
- Squirtle was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Squirtle is 810, however it can reach 878, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between December 25th, 2016 and January 3rd, 2017, Squirtle's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Holiday 2016.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Squirtle's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2017.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Squirtle's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2018.
- Between November 30th and December 3rd, 2018, Squirtle's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during twelfth Community Day.
- Between May 7th and May 17th, 2019, Squirtle's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Detective Pikachu Celebration.
- Since February 13th, 2019, Squirtle can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 540 of maximal CP.
- From July 6th, 2016 to July 7th, 2017, Squirtle used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- From December 21st, 2017 to Spring, 2018, Squirtle used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- From December 10th, 2018 to February 13th, 2019, Squirtle used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Squirtle was temporarily possible 2-km egg hatchling during the Water Festival.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Squirtle's CP was 3,113. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 540 and 675 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Squirtle is available in field research: "Win a Gym battle." since April, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 405.
- Squirtle is also available in field research: "Power Up Pokémon 5 times." since April, 2018.
- Squirtle was also available in field research: "Evolve a Water-type Pokémon." during July, 2018.
- Squirtle was the Pokémon featured on the seventh Community Day that took place on July 8th, 2018.
- Shiny form of Squirtle was released on this Community Day.
- By completing research tasks obtained during the event, there was an encounter of a Squirtle wearing sunglasses as reward. 
- Squirtle is one of the four Starter Pokémon, the others being Bulbasaur, Charmander and Pikachu.
- Its most optimal moveset in combat is Bubble and Aqua Tail.
- Squirtle page, on the official Pokédex website
- Squirtle article, on the Pokémon Wiki