Spinda is part of a one-member family.
Spinda has 20 different pattern forms, however only first nine forms have sprites in game assets. Spinda is the only Pokémon to have Shiny forms that are different not just by color scheme but also by spots placement around its head.
- Spinda was released with the change of Field Research tasks and rewards on August 1st, 2018.
- Shiny form of Spinda was released when the pattern started rotating on July 1st, 2019. Since then, each pattern of Spinda can be shiny.
|Tier 3 CP 8,996
Visit List of Raid Bosses changes for complete appearance
Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row: Since 2019 Jan
Pattern 6 is currently available
- In game update to version 0.95.3, there were 8 variants of Spinda added to species dictionary in game data. 
- The availability of different patterns are listed as follow:
- Pattern 1: Oct 2018 (written Make 2 Nice Curveball Throws, but actual Make 2 Curveball Throws in a row), Nov-Dec 2019, Jan-Feb 2021
- Pattern 2: Mar-Apr 2019, Sep-Oct 2020
- Pattern 3: Sep 2018 (Make a Great Curveball Throw), Sep-Oct 2019, Apr 2021
- Pattern 4: May-Jun 2019, Nov-Dec 2020, May 2021
- Pattern 5: Jan-Feb 2019, Jun-Aug 2020, Jun 2021
- Pattern 6: Dec 2018 (Make a Great Curveball Throw), Mar 2020, Jul 2021
- Pattern 7: Nov 2018 (Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws), Jan-Feb, May 2020
- Pattern 8: Aug 2018 (Land 3 Curveball Throws in a row), Jul-Aug 2019, Apr 2020, Mar 2021
- Pattern 9 (heart): Valentine's Day 2019
- The original pattern goes as this sequence: 8, 3, 1, 7, 6, 5, 2, 4.
- Version 0.137.1 introduced 11 new Spinda patterns, bringing the total count to 20 patterns.
- New in v0.95.3: Account linking, Quests, Spinda’s Variants, 2 new moves, and… PokeStop Submissions? TheSilphRoad.com. Retrieved on 2018-04-28.
- Heart Spinda is #9 and circles for additional forms now showing. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-03-08.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Spinda article, on the Pokémon Wiki