The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
Smeargle marks the boundaries of its territory using a body fluid that leaks out from the tip of its tail. Over 5,000 different marks left by this Pokémon have been found.
- Smeargle's cry
- Smeargle can learn almost any move including Legacy and some Community Day moves.
- The typing for Hidden Power does not get copied.
- Smeargle cannot learn Transform from Ditto. It cannot learn Frustration or Return. A random charged attack is learned instead.
- Smeargle cannot learn a 2nd Charged attack. It will always copy the 1st Charged attack, and if the 1st Charged attack is something it cannot copy, it will learn a random charged attack instead of trying to copy the 2nd.
Smeargle is part of a one-member family.
- Smeargle was released with the release of GO Snapshot on February 25th, 2019.
- Smeargle may appear in photos taken using the GO Snapshot feature and will attempt to copy the moves of the Pokémon that was the subject of the photo. If one appears in a photo, it will show up on the Trainer's Map View after exiting the photo gallery.
- The level of Smeargle can be 1 to 30 and its IV can be any combination, same as a wild Pokémon. The maximum capture CP of Smeargle is 369. Smeargle does not receive weather boost even if the weather is Party Cloudy.
- Smeargle is not available in events featuring surprise Pokémon encounters. Visit GO Snapshot#Special events for a list.
- Only one Smeargle may appear per day.
- Smeargle spawns for exactly one hour.
- Each time a Trainer is photobombed by Smeargle when using GO Snapshot, they will rank-up their Cameraman medal.
- Both Fast and Charged TMs used to be able to teach Smeargle a new attack.
- This had not been an intended feature and was removed in the next update.
- The chance of Smeargle appearance has been increased since GO Beyond.
- Smeargle release info, sketch movesets, other info!New Info! self.TheSilphRoad. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-02-25.
- TheSilphRoad. (2019, February 25). Smeargle is now photobombing GO Snapshot photos!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-02-25.
- PokemonGoApp. (2019, February 26). Trainers, Smeargle has arrived in Pokémon GO!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-02-26.
- NianticHelp. (2019, February 26). Trainers, while Smeargle should only able to learn moves by using Sketch during a photobomb, a bug is allowing you to use TMs and is displaying a New Attack button. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-02-26.
- GO Beyond: Level up redesign coming soon; level cap increased to 50!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-11-18.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Smeargle article, on the Pokémon Wiki
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.