Shellder is a Water-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It can evolve into Cloyster after being fed with 50 candies.
| Shellder - Bivalve Pokémon
| At night, this Pokémon uses its broad tongue to burrow a hole in the seafloor sand and then sleep in it. While it is sleeping, Shellder closes its shell, but leaves its tongue hanging out.
Shellder is the part of a two-member family.
- Shellder was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Shellder is 926, however it can reach 1,003, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Shellder's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Between December 21st, 2017 and January 4th, 2018, Shellder's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Holiday.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Shellder's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Since April 26th, 2019, Shellder can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 617 of maximal CP.
- From July 6th, 2016 to February 9th, 2018, Shellder used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- From February 9th, 2018 to December 18th, 2018, Shellder used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- Between April 13th and April 20th, 2017, Shellder was temporarily possible 2-km egg hatchling during the Eggstravaganza event.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Shellder's CP was 3,916. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 617 and 771 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Shellder was available in field research: "Hatch an Egg." during Water Festival, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 463.
- Shiny form of Shellder was released with the beginning of the Water Festival on June 7th, 2018.
- Shellder page, on the official Pokédex website
- Shellder article, on the Pokémon Wiki