Premier Cup was introduced in this Season. Similar to the Master League, the Premier Cup does not have a limit on Combat Power. However, Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are not eligible to participate.
During this Season, Trainers still did not require walking to unlock battle sets. A maximum of 6 sets could be played after June 23rd, 2020.
Ranks and Ratings
|Rank 2||Complete 5 Battles|
|Rank 3||Win 2 Battles (after reaching rank 2)|
|Rank 4||Win 4 more Battles|
|Rank 5||Win 8 more Battles|
|Rank 6||Win 10 more Battles|
|Rank 7||Win 14 more Battles|
|Rank 8||Reach rating of 2000+|
|Rank 9||Reach rating of 2500+|
|Rank 10||Reach rating of 3000+|
Pokémon reward encounter was changed to the third win on the basic rewards or the first win on the premium rewards. From June 23rd to 30th, 2020, the Rare Candy and Charged TM positions in premium track were swapped.
|Rank||1st win (Basic)||5th win (Basic)||3rd win (Premium)|
The random items included:
- or .
Reaching rank 10 could reward avatar items and an avatar pose inspired by Steven and Hype Pose.
Free + Rank 10
Free + Rank 10
Guaranteed first Pokémon encounters:
- Metagross: rank 1
- Stunfisk: rank 4
- Rufflet: rank 8
- Scraggy: rank 9
- Pikachu Libre: rank 10 (one only)
The Unova Starters were not available from June 23rd to 30th, 2020.
|Unlock Rank||Possible Pokémon Encounters|
- (rank 7 or above)
- Season 2 was originally planned to start on May 1st, but due to certain technical issues, it was delayed until May 11th.
- As a results, the format schedule was changed. Below shows the original version:
- Great League: May 1st, 2020 to May 25th, 2020
- Ultra League: May 25th, 2020 to June 15th, 2020
- Master League and Premier Cup: June 15th, 2020 to June 29th, 2020
- All three Leagues and Premier Cup: June 29th, 2020 to July 6th, 2020
- Season 2 was disabled between June 12th to June 23rd due to a serious exploit. The glitch is about using two devices at the same time to charge Charged Attacks immensely, making Pokémon such as Swampert and Melmetal "broken", as described by the community.
- As a results, the format schedule was changed again. Below shows the version before the downtime:
- Great League: May 11th, 2020 to June 1st, 2020
- Ultra League: June 1st, 2020 to June 22nd, 2020
- Master League and Premier Cup: June 22nd, 2020 to July 6th, 2020
- All three Leagues and Premier Cup: July 6th, 2020 to July 13th, 2020
- The leaderboard was temporarily disabled between June 23rd to July 20th.
- May 12th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- May 18th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 5 hours
- May 26th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- May 27th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- June 10th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- Disabled between June 12th to June 23rd
- June 25th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- June 29th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- July 3rd, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- July 6th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 2 hours
- July 7th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- July 14th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- July 20th, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- July 22nd, 2020 - temporarily closed for 3 hours
- GO Battle League Season 2 begins Monday, May 11, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7). Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-04-29.
- Game Master Update 05-11-2020 (GBL Updates) /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2020-05-14.
- GameMaster Update 23-06-20 - GBL reward update /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2020-06-24.
- PokemonGoApp. #GOBattle League Season 2 has been delayed. See here for more info: . Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-05-14.
- NianticHelp. Trainers, we’re disabling GO Battle League until further notice, as we’re investigating a serious exploit. We’ll bring it back online once this exploit has been addressed.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-06-22.