Rayquaza is a Dragon, Flying-type Legendary Pokémon from the Hoenn region. It does not evolve into or from any other Pokémon. Along with Kyogre and Groudon, it is a member of the Weather Trio. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Rayquaza after being given a certain amount of Mega Energy.
Rayquaza is part of a one-member family.
- Rayquaza was released on the release of Hoenn-region Sky-themed Pokémon on February 9th, 2018.
- Shiny form of Rayquaza was released on July 31st, 2019.
|Tier 5 CP 49,808|
|1,643||Special Research/Timed Research:|
Hoenn Celebration Research - Completing 1st part
- Mega Rayquaza has not been released yet.
- In the Shiny Rayquaza promotional image, there are three traditional Chinese characters in calligraphical style. The large one behind Shiny Rayquaza means "black", while the two small ones on the side mean "descent" or "arrival".
- Rayquaza returns to raids for a limited time!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2021-03-23.
- Tips for the best Pokémon GO Fest experience—plus, Ultra Unlock details!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-07-23.
- Rayquaza returns to raids with a radiant reveal!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-07-29.
- Challenge Rayquaza in this Special Raid Weekend!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-03-07.
- Discover Rayquaza and More Pokémon Originally from the Hoenn Region!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-02-08.
- PokemonGoApp. (2018, February 9). Rayquaza, the Legendary Pokémon originally discovered in the Hoenn region, has descended from the ozone layer in the sky!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-02-12.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Rayquaza article, on the Pokémon Wiki