Ponyta is a Fire-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It can evolve into Rapidash after being fed with 50 candies.
| Ponyta - Fire Horse Pokémon
| Ponyta is very weak at birth. It can barely stand up. This Pokémon becomes stronger by stumbling and falling to keep up with its parent.
Ponyta is the part of a two-member family.
- Ponyta was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Ponyta is 1,455, however it can reach 1,576, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 22nd, 2017, Ponyta's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Solstice Week event.
- Between November 5th and November 6th, 2018, Ponyta's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Ingress Prime Celebration.
- Between February 4th and February 13th, 2019, Ponyta's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Lunar New Year 2019.
- Since April 26th, 2019, Ponyta can be hatched from 5-km Eggs with a 969 of maximal CP.
- From July 6th, 2016 to Spring, 2018, Ponyta used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- From December 18th, 2018 to February 13th, 2019, Ponyta used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Ponyta's CP was 5,399. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 969 and 1,212 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Ponyta was available in field research: "Spin 3 PokéStops that were not previously visited." during April, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 727.
- Ponyta was also available in field research: "Catch 3 Fire-type Pokémon." during April to June, 2018.
- Shiny form of Ponyta was released with the start of Ingress Prime Celebration on November 5th, 2018.
- Ponyta page, on the official Pokédex website
- Ponyta article, on the Pokémon Wiki