Poliwhirl is a Water-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It evolves from Poliwag after being fed 25 candies and it can evolve either into Poliwrath when fed 100 candies or into Politoed when 100 candies and King's Rock is used.
| Poliwhirl - Tadpole Pokémon
| The surface of Poliwhirl's body is always wet and slick with a slimy fluid. Because of this slippery covering, it can easily slip and slide out of the clutches of any enemy in battle.
Poliwhirl is the part of a four-member family.
- Poliwhirl was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Poliwhirl is 1,216, however it can reach 1,318, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Poliwhirl's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2017.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Poliwhirl's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2018.
- Between August 23rd and August 30th, 2019, around water, Poliwhirl's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2019.
- Poliwhirl was available in field research: "Catch 5 Water-type Pokémon" during Johto Festival 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 608.
- Shiny form of Poliwhirl was released with the beginning of the Yokohama Pokémon GO Fest 2019 on August 6th, 2019.