| || The following article is part of Pokémon GO Wiki's policies.|
For any concerns regarding this article, please consult an admin.
Creating Blogs is a great way to share your personal opinions, news and creations etc. to the community. Most styling rules can be disregarded when writing a blog as they are not considered as part of the formal content on Pokémon GO Wiki. However, please do keep them clean and reader friendly.
Before deciding to create a blog, check out our handy Forum to see if your content would fit better there. General discussions designed to talk loosely about Pokémon GO do fit better on the forums rather than in a blog format.
What To Blog
- Personal Opinions. Freedom of speech shall be appreciated as long as they are relevant to the game and or the wikia.
- News. Keep the community posted about news regarding Pokémon GO or Wikia!
- Mechanics Research. Test data and results on any game mechanics are very much appreciated. They will be added to Category:Mechanics Research for future reference.
- User Guides. Follow the instructions in this page.
- Fan Creation. Fan fiction and art are all welcome.
What Not To Blog
- General Questions. Look up the wiki for your answers first, blogging about questions which answers can be found in this wiki are not acceptable and should be asked in the Wiki Forum or the comment section of the page instead.
- Multiple Blogging. Please refrain from blogging multiple times within a short period of time, as they can clog up the blog section. Ideally, users should not have more than two blogs visible at the same time, and serial blogging should be done with a delay of at least three days per entry or if the previous entry of the blog has been pushed into the next page of the blog section.
- Pokémon GO Ideas. Ideas about new game content or changes should be put on the Pokémon GO Ideas board instead. However, suggestions for improvements to current systems can be accepted as long as they do not emphasize a 'new' idea.
- Irrelevant Contents. The blog section is not a place to share your daily life experience, please keep the entry relevant to the game or the wiki.
- Spam and vulgar content. Including blogs pertaining to trolling, or blogs designed to antagonize or harass users inside and outside the wiki. These blogs will be deleted and the author banned with no question asked.
- Short Blogs. Any blogs that lack content are not acceptable.
Creating a New Blog
To create a blog, editors will need to navigate to the "Blog" tab in their personal profile, then click on "Create blog post". Then follow the guidelines to add a title, content and finally publish the blog.
|Pokémon GO Wiki policies and maintenance pages|
About us • Administrators • Sources • Parent Page
Styling Guide • Layout of Pokémon article • Layout of Attack article • Layout of Type article • Layout of Event article
Article Policy • Blog Policy • Data Mining Policy • Media Policy
Assume Good Faith • Banning Policy • Chat Policy • Protected page • Talk Page and Comment Policy