Pokémon GO Fest in 2017 was the first GO Fest event in Pokémon GO.
There were challenges for both attendees and Trainers around the world. The event featured the region-exclusive Pokémon Heracross. There were A, C, G, H, I and O forms of Unown spawning very frequently at the event. These letters spell "Chicago" - location of the event.
- Timed Catch Challenges
- Mystery Challenge
- Extending bonuses from Timed Catch Challenges
- Unlocking Mystery Challenge
As a result of all the hard work put in during Pokémon GO Fest, incredible in-game bonuses were unlocked for the entire Pokémon GO community.
- Double Stardust
- Double Candy
- Double XP
- Increased Pokémon encounters
- Reduced hatching distance
- Reduced buddy distance
Based on the efforts of the Trainers at the event, Lugia was revealed as the first Legendary Pokémon to enter the real world. In addition, since Team Mystic captured the most Pokémon during the event, Articuno joined Lugia in Raid Battles immediately upon completing the challenge.
Legendary Birds release
|Bird||Name||Start date||End date|
|Articuno||Saturday, July 22||Monday, July 31|
|Moltres||Monday, July 31||Monday, August 7|
|Zapdos||Monday, August 7||Monday, August 14|
Shop special offer
There were numerous networking and connectivity issues present, during the event. Many Trainers could not log into their accounts during the event. The game's CEO, John Hanke, was booed on stage for the frustration. Because of these issues, all attendees were refunded their admission cost, received $100 in Shop credit and given a free Lugia. 
- ↑ Legendary Pokémon are here!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2017-07-26.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Hanke, J. (2017, July 25). An Update regarding Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago. Niantic. Retrieved on 2017-07-26.
- ↑ New Boxes on sale in the Shop!. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-07-26.
- ↑ Pokemon Go Fest refunds all tickets as players can't get game to work. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved on 2017-07-26.