Piplup is a Water-type Pokémon from the Sinnoh region. It evolves into Prinplup after being fed 25 candies and its final evolution is Empoleon.
| Piplup - Penguin Pokémon
| Because it is very proud, it hates accepting food from people. Its thick down guards it from cold.
Piplup is the part of a three-member family.
- Piplup was released with the initial release of Sinnoh-region Pokémon on October 16th, 2018.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Piplup is 921, however it can reach 998, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 16th, 2019, Piplup's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Chicago Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Between July 4th and July 7th, 2019, Piplup's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Dortmund Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Between August 6th and August 12th, 2019, Piplup's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Yokohama Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Between August 23rd and August 30th, 2019, around water, Piplup's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Water Festival 2019.
- Since February 13th, 2019, Piplup can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 614 of maximal CP.
- From October 16th, 2018 to February 13th, 2019, Piplup used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- Piplup was hatching more often from 2-km eggs, during the Water Festival 2019 from August 23rd and August 30th, 2019.
- Piplup was the Pokémon featured on the twenty-fifth Community Day that took place on January 19th, 2020.
- Shiny form of Piplup was released on this Community Day.
- Piplup page, on the official Pokédex website
- Piplup article, on the Pokémon Wiki