|This page is not written as well as it could be or contains outdated information. It will be corrected soon.|
|This article contains old or outdated information, or has not been updated in a while. It will be updated soon.|
- Compass — Toggles the viewing direction in Map View. The player can switch between a north-viewing direction and auto-rotation, which follows your viewing direction. The player can also rotate using touch gestures.
- Gyms — Locations where teams train and battle Pokémon.
- PokéStops — Locations where Trainers can acquire items such as Poké Balls, Potions, or Eggs.
- Trainer — The avatar.
- Profile Icon — Shows level progress and medals.
- Sightings — Displays wild Pokémon located nearby
Nearby and Sightings view
The Sightings tab shows which Pokémon are within a 200 meter radius.
All the nearby Pokémon are shown in relation to pokéstops near the player. The same type of Pokémon are grouped together. For example, instead of showing multiple Rattatas in the area, there is only one Rattata icon in the locator. If the Sightings tab is empty, players can open it and tap the "No sightings yet" message to force refresh the list.
This tab was previously known just as Nearby (sometimes called Tracker by players). This was changed with the update to version 0.33. Nearby became the name of the beta tracker system, only available to select users.
There used to be footsteps which showed a trainer's proximity to the Pokémon, but that was removed in the 0.31.
After the Nov. 22, 2016 update, The Nearby tracker uses the closest Pokéstops within the trainer's virtual view. 
- ↑ My tracker just updated with an enhanced "Nearby" feature. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2016-09-22.
- ↑ Nearby feature update. Retrieved on 2017-3-1.