|Magmar - Spitfire Pokémon|
|In battle, Magmar blows out intensely hot flames from all over its body to intimidate its opponent. This Pokémon's fiery bursts create heat waves that ignite grass and trees in its surroundings.|
Magmar is the part of a two-member family.
- Magmar was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Magmar is 1,932, however it can reach 2,093, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 22nd, 2017, Magmar's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Solstice Week event.
- Between July 14th and July 15th, 2018, Magmar's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Pokémon GO Fest 2018.
- From July 6th, 2016 to December 12th, 2016, Magmar used to be a possible hatchling from 10-km Eggs.
- As a former 2nd tier Raid Boss, Magmar's CP was 12,718. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 1,288 and 1,610 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Magmar is available in field research: "Hatch 3 Eggs." since April, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 966.
- Shiny form of Magmar was released with the beginning of the Eggstravaganza on March 22nd, 2018.
- Since Generation IV of the core game series, Magmar can evolve into Magmortar, but this is not currently possible in Pokémon GO.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- Magmar article, on the Pokémon Wiki