Magmar is a Fire-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It evolves from Magby when fed with 25 candies and it can evolve into Magmortar when fed with 100 candies and given a Sinnoh Stone.
| Magmar - Spitfire Pokémon
| In battle, Magmar blows out intensely hot flames from all over its body to intimidate its opponent. This Pokémon's fiery bursts create heat waves that ignite grass and trees in its surroundings.
Magmar is the part of a three-member family.
- Magmar was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Magmar is 2,052, however it can reach 2,223, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 22nd, 2017, Magmar's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Solstice Week event.
- Between July 14th and July 15th, 2018, Magmar's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Pokémon GO Fest 2018.
- From July 6th, 2016 to December 12th, 2016, Magmar used to be a possible hatchling from 10-km Eggs.
- As a former 2nd tier Raid Boss, Magmar's CP was 12,189. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 1,367 and 1,710 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Magmar is available in field research: "Hatch 3 Eggs." since April, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 1,026.
- Shiny form of Magmar was released with the beginning of the Eggstravaganza on March 22nd, 2018.
- Magmar page, on the official Pokédex website
- Magmar article, on the Pokémon Wiki