Magikarp is a Water-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It evolves into Gyarados when fed with 400 candies.
| Magikarp - Fish Pokémon
| Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a Pokémon that is only capable of flopping and splashing. This behavior prompted scientists to undertake research into it.
Magikarp is the part of a two-member family.
- Magikarp was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Magikarp is 235, however it can reach 255, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Magikarp's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Between April 10th and April 17th, 2018, Magikarp's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Kanto Celebration.
- Between April 22nd and April 30th, 2018, Magikarp's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Earth Day.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Magikarp's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Since December 18th, 2018, Magikarp can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 157 of maximal CP.
- From July 6th, 2016 to February 16th, 2017, Magikarp used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Magikarp was temporarily possible 2-km egg hatchling during the Water Festival.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Magikarp's CP was 1,077. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 157 and 196 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Magikarp is available in field research: "Catch 10 Pokémon." since April, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 117.
- Magikarp was also available in field research: "Catch 2 Water-type Pokémon." during Water Festival 2018.
- Magikarp was also available in field research: "Use 10 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon." during January to April, 2019.
- Magikarp was also available in field research: "Catch the Water-type Pokémon carried in a backpack." during Detective Pikachu Celebration.
- Shiny form of Magikarp was released as the first Shiny Pokémon available in the game on March 24th, 2017.
- There is medal for catching extra-large Magikarp, called Fisherman.
- Along with Wailmer and Swablu, Magikarp is the Pokémon in the game that needs 400 candies to evolve which is the largest amount of candies to evolve in the game.
- Magikarp is considered as one of the least effective Pokémon in combat.
- Magikarp page, on the official Pokédex website
- Magikarp article, on the Pokémon Wiki