Magikarp is part of a two-member family.
- Magikarp was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- Shiny form of Magikarp was released as the first Shiny Pokémon available in the game on Water Festival 2017 on March 24th, 2017.
- Shadow form of Magikarp was released on August 1st, 2019.
|In wild since 2016 Jul 6
Increased spawns in:
|157||2-km Eggs since 2022 Jun 1
Increased chance/Previously in:
|Tier 1 CP 1,077
Visit List of Raid Bosses changes for complete appearance
Catch 7 Pokémon: Since 2021 Jun
Catch 5 Pokémon: Water Festival 2022
Send 3 Gifts to friends: Lunar New Year 2022
Catch 10 Pokémon: 2018 Apr - 2021 May
Transfer 6 Pokémon: Kanto Celebration Event
Catch 3 Magikarp: August 2020 Community Day
Catch the Water-type Pokémon carried in a backpack: Detective Pikachu Celebration
Use 10 Pinap Berries while catching Pokémon: 2019 Jan - Apr
Catch 2 Water-type Pokémon: Water Festival 2018
Special Research/Timed Research:
December Community Day 2021 - 4th part: Power up Pokémon 7 times
Lunar New Year - 2nd part: Send 3 Gifts to friends
Making a Splash - 1st part: Make 5 Nice Throws & Completing 1st part
|235||Obtainable during: |
August 2020 Community Day: Aug 8
- Magikarp is tied with Feebas for having the lowest maximum Combat Power of any Pokémon in Pokémon GO.
- There is medal for catching extra-large Magikarp, called Fisher.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Magikarp article, on the Pokémon Wiki