|Magcargo - Lava Pokémon|
|Magcargo's shell is actually its skin that hardened as a result of cooling. Its shell is very brittle and fragile—just touching it causes it to crumble apart. This Pokémon returns to its original size by dipping itself in magma.|
Magcargo is the part of a two-member family.
- Magcargo was released with the main release of Johto-region Pokémon on February 16th, 2017.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Magcargo is 1,458, however it can reach 1,580, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 22nd, 2017, Magcargo's spawn rate and chance to be found in the wild were significantly higher during the Solstice Week event.
- As a former 2nd tier Raid Boss, Magcargo's CP was 9,377. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 972 and 1,215 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Magcargo was available in field research: "Catch 3 Fire-type Pokémon." during April to June, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 729.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- Magcargo article, on the Pokémon Wiki