Lunatone is a Rock, Psychic-type region-exclusive Pokémon from the Hoenn region.
| Lunatone - Meteorite Pokémon
| Lunatone was discovered at a location where a meteoroid fell. As a result, some people theorize that this Pokémon came from space. However, no one has been able to prove this theory so far.
Lunatone is the part of a one-member family.
- Lunatone was released with the release of desert-theme, Hoenn-region Pokémon on January 23rd, 2018.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Lunatone is 1,995, however it can reach 2,161, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 19th and March 26th, 2019, Lunatone's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Equinox.
- Between June 4th and June 11th, 2019, Lunatone's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Adventure Week.
- Lunatone is currently a region-exclusive Pokémon of the Eastern Hemisphere; including Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Lunatone was originally a region-exclusive Pokémon of the Eastern Hemisphere.
- Lunatone swapped to the Western Hemisphere; including the Americas and Africa on June 21st, 2018.
- Lunatone swapped again with the start of Equinox on March 19th, 2019.
- As a former 3rd tier Raid Boss, Lunatone's CP was 13,701. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 1,330 and 1,662 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Shiny form of Lunatone was released with the beginning of the Equinox on March 19th, 2019.
- This made Lunatone and Solrock the first shiny region-exclusive Pokémon in the game.
- It is vaguely stated by Niantic for which particular regions Lunatone is exclusive, as it was publicly announced that it doesn't appear in the same region that Solrock does.
- It is speculated that Lunatone spawns more frequently between 9:00 PM and 9:00 AM local time, which could be the opposite of the spawn pattern for Solrock.
- Lunatone page, on the official Pokédex website
- Lunatone article, on the Pokémon Wiki