Lunatone is part of a one-member family.
- Lunatone was released on the release of Hoenn-region Desert-themed Pokémon on January 23rd, 2018.
- It is available only in the Western Hemisphere.
- Shiny form of Lunatone was released on Equinox 2019 on March 19th, 2019.
|In wild since 2018 Jan 23
Increased spawns in:
Increased chance/Previously in:
|Tier 3 CP 15,009
Visit List of Raid Bosses changes for complete appearance
Catch 3 Dark-type Pokémon: Summer Solstice (worldwide)
- Lunatone is currently a region-exclusive Pokémon of the Western Hemisphere.
- Lunatone and Solrock are the first shiny region-exclusive Pokémon in the game.
- Initially, it was vaguely stated by Niantic for which particular regions Lunatone is exclusive, as it had been publicly announced that it didn't appear in the same region that Solrock does.
- It was speculated that Lunatone spawns more frequently between 9:00 PM and 9:00 AM local time, which could be the opposite of the spawn pattern for Solrock.
- In Hoenn Celebration 2019, Summer Solstice and Enigma Week, Lunatone and Solrock appeared in raids all over the world.
- In honor of the summer solstice, the Rock- and Psychic-type Pokémon Solrock and Lunatone have started to appear in different regions!. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-06-22.
- Celebrate the equinox with Pokémon GO!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-03-18.
- Solstice-themed event and Bug Out! event details. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-06-13.
- Thought this was kinda neat. Wanted to share. Lunatone and Solrock next to each other. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-03-22.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Lunatone article, on the Pokémon Wiki