Please, note that there are always only either: specific amount of Stardust, or XP, or just one kind of item, or a particular Pokémon encounter for a single task completed, which means only one of following possible rewards is rewarded for single Field Research task completed not all of them!
There were several Field Research tasks exclusively for the duration of the event.
Following tasks are related to Catching Pokémon through the Encounter Screen. To complete any of following tasks, Trainer has to successfully capture Pokémon, which is either approached in the wild, from Raid Bonus Challenge, Team GO Rocket, GO Battle League, or reward encounter for other, already completed Research task.
- If a Trainer encounters a Shiny Pokémon as a research reward, said Pokémon will remain shiny until the Trainer captures it. The Trainer is free to run away and re-encounter the Pokémon and it will always be shiny.
- Upon collecting the reward (which grants the stamp), you can choose not to enter the encounter immediately, but if you tap the reward again, you will immediately be taken to the encounter without warning. However, if you don't have enough Poké Balls to catch it, you can exit and the reward will still be available later. The Pokémon is considered to have spawned when you first enter the encounter. Encounter tasks do not count towards the 3 task maximum once you have collected the stamp, even if you haven't captured the Pokémon.
- For Nice/Great Throw tasks, a higher tier Throw will count.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, select Field Research tasks that could be difficult to finish from home are removed. A list can be found here.
- Shiny Magikarp Field Research Reward: Two things I learned. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-04-09.
- NianticHelp. Trainers, due to the current public health situation, we have temporarily removed select Field Research tasks from the game that could be difficult to finish from home.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-03-29.