Legendary Raid Hour (originally known as Legendary Lunch Hour) is an occasional event that turns every available Gym to a specific Legendary Pokémon Raid Boss during one hour. It usually occurs on Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. in local time zone. Unlike Special Raid Challenge, no additional free Raid Passes are given. Eggs start to appear in Gym 20 minutes before the Raid Hour if the Gym is not occupied by other Raid Battles or EX Raid Battles.
List of Legendary Raid Hours
|October 21st, 2020|
|October 14th, 2020|
|October 7th, 2020|
|September 30th, 2020|
|September 23rd, 2020|
|September 16th, 2020|
|September 9th, 2020|
|September 2nd, 2020|
|August 26th, 2020|
|August 19th, 2020|
|August 12th, 2020|
|August 5th, 2020|
|July 29th, 2020|
|July 22nd, 2020|
|July 15th, 2020|
|July 8th, 2020|
|July 1st, 2020|
|June 24th, 2020|
|June 17th, 2020|
|June 10th, 2020|
|June 3rd, 2020|
|May 27th, 2020|
|May 20th, 2020|
|May 13th, 2020|
|May 6th, 2020||First event after introduction of|
|March 11th, 2020|
|March 4th, 2020|
|February 26th, 2020||Knew Psystrike|
|February 19th, 2020|
|February 12th, 2020|
|February 5th, 2020|
|January 29th, 2020|
|January 22nd, 2020|
|January 15th, 2020|
|January 8th, 2020|
|January 1st, 2020|
|December 25th, 2019|
|December 18th, 2019|
|December 11th, 2019|
|December 4th, 2019|
|November 27th, 2019|
|November 20th, 2019|
|November 13th, 2019|
|November 6th, 2019|
|October 30th, 2019|
|October 23rd, 2019|
|October 16th, 2019|
|October 9th, 2019|
|October 8th, 2019||Make-up event|
|October 2nd, 2019|
|September 25th, 2019|
|September 11th, 2019|
|September 4th, 2019|
|September 1st, 2019||Extra|
|August 28th, 2019||
(Europe, Middle East, Africa and India)
(Americas and Greenland)
|Water Festival 2019-themed special bosses|
|August 21st, 2019|
|August 14th, 2019|
|August 7th, 2019|
|July 24th, 2019|
|July 17th, 2019|
|July 3rd, 2019|
|June 26th, 2019|
|June 19th, 2019|
|June 12th, 2019|
|June 5th, 2019||Official blog announced Legendary Raid Hour on every next Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|May 22nd, 2019||All Raid Bosses in Extraordinary Raid Week||From 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.|
|May 1st, 2019||From 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., unannounced|
|April 19th, 2019||From 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., unannounced|
|April 10th, 2019||From 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.|
|March 13th, 2019||From 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.|
- If the boss rotation occurs on Wednesday, the Legendary Raid Hour will be skipped. Examples include July 10th and 31st, 2019.
- The Mewtwo Raid Hour on September 18th, 2019 was canceled due to technical issues. Niantic later announced the make-up Mewtwo Day will be held on October 8th with move Psystrike. Two additional free Raid Passes could be received during the hour.
- Legendary Raid Hours on March 4th, 11th and 18th, 2020 were canceled in Japan, South Korea and Italy due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Get ready for spooky Legendary Raid Hours in October!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Altered Forme Giratina—raids, Raid Hour, and Shiny release!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-09-24.
- Get ready for Legendary Raid Hours in September!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Don’t miss Rayquaza’s final Raid Hour of 2019. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Dive into Water Festival 2019!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-08-16.
- Get ready for Legendary Raid Hours every Wednesday evening in June!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Jump-start your summer with Extraordinary Raid Week!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-05-16.
- Groudon Hour - 6PM Wed Night. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- T5 eggs on every gym in Christchurch, NZ - unannounced event?. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- BUG? Surprise? "Friday Night Legendary Hour" Report thread. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Legendary Lunch Hour experiment: Origin Forme Giratina. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- Legendary Lunch Hour: A new experiment!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- NianticHelp. Due to technical difficulties, Legendary Raid Hour with Mewtwo will be postponed to a later date. We apologize for the inconvenience.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- NianticHelp. Trainers, the make-up Legendary Raid Hour featuring Mewtwo with the move Psystrike will be on October 8, 2019 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Stay tuned for details.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- NianticHelp. During the Raid Hour, you can receive up to two Raid Passes in addition to your one daily Raid Pass!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-10-15.
- 日本・韓国・イタリア地域における3月のコンテンツについて. Pokémon GO Live Japan. Retrieved on 2020-03-03.
- Updates to events: Raid Hour. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-03-18.
- Try out a new Remote Raid Pass during Altered Forme Giratina Raid Hour!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-05-07.