|This page is about the Japan Lapras Event. For the three-hour raid event , see Special Raid Challenge.|
The Lapras Event was a Japan-exclusive event that took place in the middle of November, 2016.
The event offered increased numbers of Lapras in parts of the coastal regions of Iwate, Miyagi, and Fukushima prefectures.
The approximate translation for the event announcement was:
Listen up everyone! It has been confirmed that Lapras is now easier to find in the coastal regions of Iwata, Miyagi, and Fukushima Prefectures. The phenomenon will continue until November 23. Please go out and journey in Tohoku! There are many wonderful discoveries to be made beyond Pokémon Go.
- One of the event's stated goals was to boost the economy of the areas hit hardest by the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami.
- This event was cancelled a day early due to magnitude 6.9 earthquake struck off the coast of Fukushima, followed by tsunami warnings.
- This event is quite similar to Snorlax Event.
- The Lapras Event was the first regional event announced for the game.
- Ritchie, R. (March 4, 2017). Pokémon GO Japan Events. iMore. Retrieved on 2016-03-24.