- Water Gun, Hydro Pump: added on February 16th, 2017
- Surf: added on December 8th, 2017
- Skull Bash: added on July 9th, 2019
- Dragon Pulse: removed on February 16th, 2017
- Ice Shard: removed on February 16th, 2017, later available during events: Special Raid Challenge and Jan 2020 Research Breakthrough
- Ice Beam: removed on December 8th, 2017, later available during events: Special Raid Challenge and Jan 2020 Research Breakthrough
Lapras is part of a one-member family.
- Lapras was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- Shiny form of Lapras was released on Safari Zone in Sentosa on April 18th, 2019.
- Shadow form of Lapras was released on October 17th, 2019.
|In wild since 2016 Jul 6
Increased spawns in:
Increased chance/Previously in:
|Tier 3 CP 14,847|
Catch 25 Pokémon: Water Festival 2022 (scarf)
Defeat a Team GO Rocket Leader: 2022 Jan
Use 5 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokémon: New Pokémon Snap Celebration
Catch 10 Pokémon: Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto
Catch 10 Ice-type Pokémon;
Catch 10 Psychic-type Pokémon;
Make 10 Great Throws in a row: Galarian Mr. Mime Event
Hatch 7 Eggs: Holiday 2019
Send 25 Gifts to friends: World Tourism Day
Win 5 Gym battles: 2019 Jan - Apr
Evolve 2 Shellder: Water Festival 2018
Special Research/Timed Research:
Water Festival: Catch Challenge - Completing 1st part (scarf)
Pokémon GO Tour: Johto Battle Challenge - Completing 8th part
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto - Completing 6th part
GO Tour Kanto: Defeat All Challengers - 3rd part: Win a raid
Throwback Challenge 2020: Kanto - 6th part: Catch a Fighting-type Pokémon
A Colossal Discovery - 2nd part: Catch 7 Ice-type Pokémon
Jump-Start Research - Completing 5th part
GO Battle League
|1,509||Obtainable starting from rank:|
7 (Preseason - Season 2)
- Between November 11th and 23rd, 2016, Lapras's spawn rate was significantly higher during a Lapras Event that occurred near the coastal areas of the Iwate, Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures in Japan. 
- During this event, Lapras became more common to capture in an effort to raise money to rebuild after the 2011 earthquake.
- Lapras is a tier 3 Raid Boss most recently. However, it used to be a tier 4 before.
- The number of "Win 5 Gym battles" dropped sharply after the release of shiny Lapras.
- Shiny Shadow Lapras was accidentally made available early from Team GO Rocket Grunt. Shadow Lapras was changed to be Sierra's first Pokémon in the following Team GO Rocket Event.
- Along with Chansey and Snorlax, Lapras is considered as one of the most effective Gym defenders of Kanto-region Pokémon.
- Jump-start your summer with Extraordinary Raid Week!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-05-16.
- Pokemon GO Japan Lapras Event: Niantic Spawning Lapras In Record Number To Help Quake Victims Retrieved on 2018-01-02.
- The rarity of the Lapras task is insane /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-05-26.
- Shiny shadow from a grunt.. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2020-07-11.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Lapras article, on the Pokémon Wiki