- 1 Encountering Jessie and James
- 2 Battling Jessie and James
- 3 In-game quotes
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Encountering Jessie and James
Jessie and James can be both encountered at the same time when Trainer finds and interacts with the Meowth Balloon. Similarly to regular Team GO Rocket Balloon, Meowth Balloon can spawn one at the time above the Trainer's avatar in the Map View, however Meowth Balloons are rarer. You do not need a Rocket Radar to encounter them.
Jessie and James would no longer appear starting on September 30th, 2020. They had increased appearance from September 22nd, at 12:00 a.m. to September 30th, at 11:59 p.m. local time. Also, the rate of balloons increased to every three-hour period starting on September 17th.
Battling Jessie and James
Battle with Jessie and James is similar to battle with any other Grunt from GO Rocket Balloon, however both of them can be fought from the same Meowth Balloon. Right after defeating Jessie, player can engage battle with James.
Similar to regular Grunts, they do not use shields, defeating them counts (as two Grunts) towards the Hero medal and Research tasks and awards two Mysterious Components. However, like Team GO Rocket Leaders, their Shadow Pokémon can be shiny in the encounter.
- Pokémon highlighted with green can be caught after winning a battle.
- "To protect the world from devastation!"
- "To unite all people within our nation!"
- "To denounce the evils of truth and love!"
- "To extend our reach to the stars above!"
- "Hey, do you want to join Team Rocket?"
- "The Boss’s Persian is so elegant..."
- "Who are these Team GO Rocket Leaders, anyway?"
- "Hey, would you like to join Team Rocket?"
- "You’ll regret this!"
- "Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"
- "Looks like I’ve just denounced the evils of truth and love!"
- "Can’t wait for the Boss to hear about this!"
- "Team GO Rocket’s first take-over would’ve been much more successful if only we’d been invited!"
- "Looks like our reach has extended to the stars above!"
- "I hope the Boss will be proud of me!"
- "If only the Boss had sent us here the first time around!"
Upon being defeated
- "You’re just a Twerp. Why are you so strong?"
- "Hmph! How infuriating! Don’t let it go to your head just because your Pokémon were a teeny-tiny bit stronger!"
- "We’re blasting off again!"
- "I only lost because I’m using these borrowed Pokémon! You’re no match for Team Rocket!"
- "We got beat by a Twerp?!"
- "But I was so confident this time!"
- "Even if you did defeat us in battle, we’re still bigger and stronger than you!"
- "We’re blasting off again!"
- "Argh! I despise Twerps!"
- "I should have known I couldn’t win with borrowed Pokémon..."
Rocket Balloons promotional images
- In their introduction in-game dialogue, they mentioned borrowing Pokémon from other people. This can be observed as their second and third Shadow Pokémon were previously first Pokémon in parties of Team GO Rocket Leaders.
- After Jessie and James debuted in the game, the Team GO Rocket Leaders parties were changed.
- Jessie had Shadow Scyther and Shadow Bagon which previously belonged to Arlo.
- James had Shadow Sneasel and Shadow Beldum which previously belonged to Sierra.
- In their second appearance, they have Shadow Stantler, Pinsir and Grimer which previously belonged to Cliff.
- Their uses of Ekans and Koffing reference their iconic Pokémon of the anime.
- Different Legendary Raid Bosses each week, Victini Special Research, and more in September!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-08-27.
- Battle Jessie and James before they leave Pokémon GO!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-09-26.
- Another Team Rocket balloon, the third in 6 hours. Frequency changed to every 3 hours confirmed?. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2020-10-02.
- Team rocket balloon every 3 hour has been disabled now. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2020-10-02.