Houndoom is a Dark, Fire-type Pokémon from the Johto region. It evolves from Houndour after being fed 50 candies. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Houndoom initially after being given 200 Mega Energy, and 40 afterwards.
In a Houndoom pack, the one with its horns raked sharply toward the back serves a leadership role. These Pokémon choose their leader by fighting among themselves.
Houndoom's entire body generates heat when it Mega Evolves. Its fearsome fiery breath turns its opponents to ash.
- Flamethrower: added on January 31st, 2019
Houndoom is part of a two-member family.
- Houndoom was released with the main release of Johto-region Pokémon on February 16th, 2017.
- Shiny form of Houndoom was released with the change of Field Research on August 1st, 2018.
- Shadow form of Houndoom was released on August 1st, 2019.
|In wild since 2017 Feb 16|
|Tier 4 CP 28,590
Visit List of Raid Bosses changes for complete appearance
|1,129||Special Research/Timed Research:|
Luminous Legends Y - 6th part: Win 1 raid
- Mega Houndoom was released after meeting requirement of Mega Battle Challenge on September 29th, 2020.
- Shiny form of Mega Houndoom was released on the same day.
Mega Raid Battles
|Obtain Mega Energy from Mega Raid Battle|
Boss CP 53,826
Catch CP 1,505/1,882 (weather boosted)
20× - Power up Pokémon 10 times: 2021 Jul
10× - Power up Pokémon 7 times: Charge Up
- Normally, evolved stages of Pokémon cannot be shiny in encounter screen, but after its Mega Evolution release, Houndoom could.
- During the Pokémon GO Park event in Yokohama, Houndoom was a 4th tier level Raid Boss, its CP was 27,302. Houndoom's maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 1,445. 
- Golem raid in Yokohama. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-10-11.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Houndoom article, on the Pokémon Wiki