|This page is about the Global Catch Challenge from November, 2017. For the Professor Willow's Global Challenge from Summer, 2018 and 2019, see: Global Challenge.|
The Global Catch Challenge was a week-long event that began on November 20, 2017 and ran until the 26th. The event concluded with a special celebration at the Pokémon GO Safari Zone event in Tottori, Japan, on November 26.
All unlocked rewards were available until December 1, 2017.
Bronze Rewards Tier - Requirement 500 Million Catches:
Silver Rewards Tier - Requirement 1.5 Billion Catches:
Gold Rewards Tier - Requirement 3 Billion Catches:
|Farfetch'd available worldwide for 48 hours|
|Kangaskhan available in East Asia for 48 hours|
Shop special offer
- This is event kicks off the Pokémon GO Travel video series.
- After one day, the total number of captures was 298,159,864.
- Thirteen hour later, the 500 million goal was reached.
- On day two, the total number of captures was 777,461,788.
- Eleven hours later, 1,007,319,858 had been captured.
- On November 22nd, 2017, players reached 1.5 billion.
- One day later, they reached 2 billion.
- And yet a day later, players reached 2.5 billion.
- Players reached 3 billion on November 25th, 2017. 
- Farfetch'd started appearing globally around 05:00 PM PST, as the reward of this event, for 48 hours starting on November 26th, 2017.
- At the start of the event, the Ultra Box was incorrectly priced at 1,480. The price was quickly corrected the same day.
- ↑ Pokémon GO Travel and the Global Catch Challenge. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2017-11-21.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, November 27). Good news, Trainers! You’ll continue to receive double Stardust and double XP until 1:00 P.M. PST on December 1!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-28.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, December 5). Good news, Trainers! Deals on discounted boxes with Lucky Eggs, Lure Modules, Ultra Balls, and Great Balls have been extended for an extra week until Monday, December 11. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-12-12.
- ↑ Sale Boxes analysis. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-12-17.
- ↑ Pokémon GO. (2017, November 19). Announcing Pokémon GO Travel and the Global Catch Challenge. YouTube. Retrieved on 2017-11-21.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, November 20). Awesome work, Trainers! You've made amazing progress after just one day of the Global Catch Challenge!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-21.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, November 20). That was fast, Trainers! You've caught over 500 million Pokémon & unlocked new rewards during the Global Catch Challenge.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-21.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, November 21). It's day two of our quest to catch three billion Pokémon, and the global community of Trainers has already achieved an amazing score!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-21.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2017, November 22). Congratulations, Trainers! You’ve already caught over 1 billion Pokémon during the Global Catch Challenge!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-22.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp (2017, November 25). Congratulations, Trainers! You did it! You’ve caught over 3 billion Pokémon and unlocked a new reward during the Global Catch Challenge. Twitter. Retrieved on 2017-11-27.
- ↑ NianticGeorge. (2017, November 20). Boxes on sale!. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-11-29.