Gengar is a Ghost, Poison-type Pokémon from the Kanto region. It evolves from Haunter after being fed 100 candies or with no candy cost if traded. Gengar is the final evolution of Gastly. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Gengar initially after being given 200 Mega Energy, and 40 afterwards.
- Sludge Bomb: added on August 19th, 2016
- Hex, Focus Blast: added on February 16th, 2017
- Sludge Wave: removed on August 19th, 2016
- Dark Pulse: removed on February 16th, 2017
- Shadow Claw: removed on February 16th, 2017, added back on December 11th, 2019
- Lick, Psychic: available during events: Special Raid Challenge
- Shadow Punch: available during events: Jul, Dec 2020 Community Day
Gengar is part of a three-member family.
- Gengar was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- Shiny form of Gengar was released on the Special Raid Challenge on November 3rd, 2018.
|In wild since 2016 Jul 6|
|Tier 3 CP 21,207|
|1,233||Special Research/Timed Research:|
Animation Week Research - Completing 10th part
Catch Mastery: Ghost - Completing 10th part (Banette costume)
Mega Gengar - 2nd part: Catch 94 Pokémon (Banette costume)
The Great Gastly - Completing 4th part
- Mega Gengar was released on Halloween 2020 on October 23rd, 2020.
- Shiny form of Mega Gengar was released on the same day.
Mega Raid Battles
|Obtain Mega Energy from Mega Raid Battle|
Boss CP 65,215
10× - Make 3 Great Curveball Throws: Catch Mastery: Ghost
Special Research/Timed Research:
260× - Mega Gengar
80× - Catch Mastery: Ghost
- Normally, evolved stages of Pokémon cannot be shiny in encounter screen, but exceptionally during Special Raid Challenge and after Mega Evolution release, Gengar could.
- Its was a 4th tier Raid Boss during the Special Raid Challenge.
- Gengar wearing Mega Banette costume was available in raid and task during Halloween 2020.
- During Halloween 2017, there were shiny forms of Gastly family members added to game data, although they were not released to be caught in gameplay.
- Nidorino and Gengar Raid Day was canceled in Japan, South Korea and Italy due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Celebrate Pokémon Day 2020 with Pokémon GO!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-02-24.
- Gengar steals the spotlight in a Special Raid Challenge!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-10-25.
- Gengar is Tier 4 raid. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-11-03.
- Gastly family shiny 3D assets. /r/TheSilphRoad.
- NianticHelp. Nidorino and Gengar Raid Day has been canceled in Japan, South Korea, and Italy. Please stay tuned to our channels for updates.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-02-29.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Gengar article, on the Pokémon Wiki