Gengar is a Ghost, Poison-type Pokémon from the Kanto region. It evolves from Haunter after being fed 100 candies or with no candy cost if traded. Gengar is the final evolution of Gastly. It can Mega Evolve into Mega Gengar initially after being given 200 Mega Energy, and 40 afterwards.
Gengar is part of a three-member family.
- Gengar was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- Shiny form of Gengar was released on the Special Raid Challenge on November 3rd, 2018.
|In wild since 2016 Jul 6|
|Tier 3 CP 21,207|
The Great Gastly - Completing 4th part
- Mega Gengar will be released after meeting requirement of Mega Buddy Challenge on October 23rd, 2020.
- Shiny form of Mega Gengar was released on the same day.
- Normally, evolved stages of Pokémon cannot be shiny in encounter screen, but exceptionally during Special Raid Challenge, Gengar could.
- Its was a 4th tier Raid Boss during the Special Raid Challenge.
- On August 20th, 2016, Sludge Wave was replaced with Sludge Bomb.
- During the Halloween event in 2017, there were shiny forms of Gastly family members added to game data, although they weren't released to be caught in gameplay. 
- Nidorino and Gengar Raid Day was canceled in Japan, South Korea and Italy due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Celebrate Pokémon Day 2020 with Pokémon GO!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2020-02-24.
- Gengar steals the spotlight in a Special Raid Challenge!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-10-25.
- Gengar is Tier 4 raid. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-11-03.
- Gastly family shiny 3D assets. /r/TheSilphRoad.
- NianticHelp. Nidorino and Gengar Raid Day has been canceled in Japan, South Korea, and Italy. Please stay tuned to our channels for updates.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-02-29.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Gengar article, on the Pokémon Wiki