|This page is an article stub. It will be expanded soon.|
Once a Trainer shares their Trainer Code with someone, that person can then send them a Friend Request. After two Trainers have become friends, they'll be able to send each other Gifts. Gifts are initially obtained by spinning the Photo Disc at a PokéStop or Gym.
The Friends list is a contains a Trainer's friends. Each Trainer can have up to 200 friends. The list is sorted in order of friendship level and friends who sent you a Gift recently will appear at the top. The rest of your friends will be sorted by friends you have known the longest. There is no way to sort the list manually and you cannot favorite friends.
Friends will be able to help each other directly in Gyms and Raid Battles by activating bonuses. Great Friends will receive not only an Attack bonus to help them take down a Raid Boss at a much faster rate, but also extra Premier Balls to catch the Pokémon when the battle is complete. This adds more rewards and incentives for actions they’re already taking and can be especially beneficial for smaller groups of Trainers that battle together. When tight-knit friends take on a Raid Boss, even a small group can be mighty.
- Main article: Items – Gift
- Main article: Trading
Preview of Friends and Gifting
- ↑ PokémonGOApp We're excited to announce that friends, gifting, and trading are coming soon to Pokémon GO! Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-06-18.
- ↑ Make Way for Friends, Trading, and Gifting in Pokémon GO! Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-06-18.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Developer Insights: Inside the Philosophy of Friends and Trading. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-06-22.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2018, August 9). Trainers, you can now receive XP for sending Gifts to friends, so make sure to collect Gifts from nearby PokéStops!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-08-10.