Ekans is a Poison-type Pokémon from the Kanto region. It can evolve into Arbok when fed 50 candies.
| Ekans - Snake Pokémon
| Ekans curls itself up in a spiral while it rests. Assuming this position allows it to quickly respond to a threat from any direction with a glare from its upraised head.
Ekans is the part of a two-member family.
- Ekans was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Ekans is 795, however it can reach 861, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between February 4th and February 13th, 2019, Ekans's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Lunar New Year 2019.
- Between July 25th and August 1st, 2019, Ekans's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Team GO Rocket Disruption.
- Between November 7th and November 14th, 2019, Ekans's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Team GO Rocket Leaders Disruption.
- From July 6th, 2016 to February 9th, 2017, Ekans used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- From February 9th, 2017 to July 7th, 2017, Ekans used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- Between July 25th and August 1st, 2019, Ekans was temporarily possible 2-km egg hatchling during the Team GO Rocket Disruption.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Ekans's CP was 3,240. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 529 and 662 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Ekans was available in field research: "Catch 3 Pidgey or Murkrow." during April to June, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 397.
- Ekans was also available in field research: "Defeat a Team GO Rocket Grunt." during Rocket Take-Over November 2019.
- Shiny form of Ekans was released with the beginning of the Team GO Rocket Disruption on July 25th, 2019.
- Ekans page, on the official Pokédex website
- Ekans article, on the Pokémon Wiki