There are three types of Incubators:
- an Unlimited one, which is orange in appearance and has infinite uses;
- a Limited one, which is blue in appearance and has three uses;
- and a Super one, which is purple in appearance and has three uses, but hatches an Egg much faster.
To see currently owned Incubators there are two ways:
- The first one is to check it out on the item bag page
- and the second is to tap the Incubators Button on the page with owned eggs.
Egg Incubator ∞
Also referred as Infinite/unlimited Incubator.
Each Trainer starts out with an Infinite incubator. They cannot be purchased or acquired. It can be used an infinite amount of times.
Also referred as Limited Incubator.
- The Super Incubator was added to game assets in update 0.71.0. In this update designs of both limited and unlimited incubators were changed.
- The Super Incubator has a property called
distance_multiplierwith a value of
- The distance for an egg in an Incubator was tracked only when the game is open before Adventure Sync was introduced.
- A single-use version of Egg Incubator was available to obtain once per day from a PokéStop on Holiday 2016 to 2019.