Ditto is part of a one-member family.
Ditto can disguise itself in wild as following Pokémon:
In past, Ditto used to disguise itself in wild as Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, Paras, Venonat, Mankey, Gastly, Voltorb, Magikarp, Sentret, Ledyba, Yanma, Zigzagoon, Seedot and Skitty, but after the release of their shiny variants, Ditto can no longer be disguised as them anymore.
- Ditto was released on November 23rd, 2016. 
- Shiny form of Ditto was released on Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto on February 20th, 2021.
|In wild since 2016 Nov 23|
Catch 10 Jigglypuff, Aipom or Snubbull: Detective Pikachu Celebration (appears as Zubat)
Make an Excellent Throw: Let's Go Celebration (appears as Pidgey)
Special Research/Timed Research:
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto - Completing 7th part (must be shiny)
- Ditto is only non-Legendary or Mythical Pokémon from the Kanto region that was not available with release of the game, as it possesses special move - Transform.
- Ditto can only transform once per battle. It will retain its first transformation for the duration of the battle.
- Ditto can only be used in Gym, Raid Battle and against Team GO Rocket, but it is banned in Trainer Battle, including training battles with Team Leaders.
- However, Ditto's Transform does not work when fighting Team GO Rocket. This is likely an oversight as a result of Team Go Rocket battles being similar to Trainer Battles, which it is banned in.
- Following the conclusion of September 2018 Community Day event, players reported sightings of an undiscovered Pokémon which turned into Ditto once captured, and was later identified as Meltan.
- Ditto has been discovered.... Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2016-11-24.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Ditto article, on the Pokémon Wiki