Ditto is part of a one-member family.
Ditto cannot be seen in the map view, because it disguises itself as another Pokémon in their normal form (not Shiny). Ditto will only reveal itself once it has been successfully captured and it may be normal or Shiny.
Currently, the following Pokémon in the wild can be a Ditto in disguise:
- Ditto was released on November 23rd, 2016. 
- Shiny form of Ditto was released on Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto (special research) on February 20th, 2021.
- Shiny form of Ditto was released on Season of Mischief (disguised in the wild) on September 1st, 2021.
|In wild since 2016 Nov 23|
Catch 3 of the Transform Pokémon: April Fools' 2-Oh?-22 (appears as event featured Pokémon)
Catch 10 Jigglypuff, Aipom or Snubbull: Detective Pikachu Celebration (appears as Zubat)
Make an Excellent Throw: Let's Go Celebration (appears as Pidgey)
Special Research/Timed Research:
April Fools' 2-Oh?-22 - Completing 3rd part
Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto - Completing 7th part (must be shiny)
- Ditto is only non-Legendary or Mythical Pokémon from the Kanto region that was not available with release of the game, as it possesses only one special move - Transform.
- Ditto can only transform once per battle. It will retain its first transformation for the duration of the battle.
- Ditto can only be used in Gym, Raid Battle and against Team GO Rocket, but it is banned in Trainer Battle, including training battles with Team Leaders.
- However, Ditto's Transform does not work when fighting Team GO Rocket. This is likely an oversight as a result of Team Go Rocket battles being similar to Trainer Battles, which it is banned in.
- Following the conclusion of September 2018 Community Day event, players reported sightings of an undiscovered Pokémon which turned into Ditto once captured, and was later identified as Meltan.
- Ditto used to appear disguised only as non-shiny-released species (until the Season of Mischief)
- The following species had previously been possible Ditto impersonations: Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, Zubat, Paras, Venonat, Mankey, Gastly, Drowzee, Voltorb, Magikarp, Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Spinarak, Hoppip, Teddiursa, Remoraid, Yanma, Zigzagoon, Seedot, Whismur, Gulpin, Numel, Skitty, Bidoof, Stunky, Purrloin and Foongus.
- When shiny Paras was released, some (non-shiny) Ditto disguised as shiny Paras, but the bug was corrected later.
- Since shiny Ditto released in the wild, Ditto can disguise only as non-shiny variants, even if the Ditto itself is shiny.
- Ditto has been discovered.... Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2016-11-24.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Ditto article, on the Pokémon Wiki