Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, Niantic hosts a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which appears frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught or evolved during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses can be in effect during the event, such as increased XP, Stardust, reduced distance to hatch Eggs, increased shiny rate, 3-hours Lure Module or 3-hours Incense.
The December events are a special edition featuring previous Pokémon and Moves, diferent days and time and additional bonuses.
List of Community Days
All these events featured 3-hour Lures bonus:
Jul 8th, 2018
1/4 Egg distance
Oct 21st, 2018
1/4 Egg distance
Nov 10th, 2018
2× catch XP and 2× catch Stardust
Previous Pokémon and moves
Nov 30th - Dec 3rd, 2018
2× catch XP, 2× catch Stardust, and 1/2 Egg Distance
Jan 12th, 2019
1/4 Egg distance
Aug 3rd, 2019
1/4 Egg distance
Nov 16th, 2019
1/4 Egg distance
December 2019 Community Day
Nov 30th - Dec 3rd
(Check article for details)
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, since April 2020, the event has been named Community Day: Play at Home Edition featuring new bonuses, Special researches, event duration and time. For further details check each event individual page.
Apr 25th, 2020
May 24th, 2020
Jun 20th, 2020
Jul 19th, 2020
Aug 8th, 2020
Sep 20th, 2020
Oct 17th, 2020
Nov 15th, 2020
Nov 21st, 2020
December 2020 Community Day
Dec 12th - 13th
Jan 16th, 2021
Feb 7th, 2021
Mar 6th, 2021
Apr 11th, 2021
May 15th, 2021
Jun 6th, 2021
Jul 3rd, 2021
Aug 14th - 15th, 2021
Sep 19th, 2021
Oct 9th, 2021
Nov 21st, 2021
From January 2018 to February 2019, the Community Day event hours were based on specific timezones and regions. Since the the March 2019 event, the event times have been based on local time. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, since April 2020, the event has been named Community Day: Play at Home Edition and the duration of the event was changed from three hours to six hours. Community Days happen on either Saturdays or Sundays.
|Events||Region||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone|
|Since March 2020||Wordwide||11:00 A.M||5:00 P.M.||Local time|
|January to February 2020||Northern Hemisphere||11:00 A.M.||2:00 PM|
|Southern Hemisphere||3:00 P.M.||6:00 P.M.|
|September to December 2019||Wordwide||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.|
|July to August 2019||4:00 P.M.||7:00 P.M.|
|March to June 2019||3:00 P.M.||6:00 P.M.|
|January 2018 to February 2019||Asia-Pacific||12:00 P.M.||3:00 P.M.||JST (GMT +9)|
|Americas||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||PST (GMT -8)|
|Africa, Europe, India and Middle East||UTC (GMT +0)|
|UK||BST (GMT +1) |
The December events and the Eevee Community Days had different event periods. For details access each event individual page.
|August 2021 - Eevee||Friday to Monday|
|December 2020||Saturday and Sunday|
|December 2019||Saturday and Sunday|
|December 2018||Friday to Monday|
|August 2018 - Eevee1||Saturday and Sunday|
- The featured attack was available for all members in its evolution family until 1:00pm PDT on August 13th, 2018.
The featured attack is exclusive to the featured Pokémon's final evolution within its family. The exceptions are the January 2018 event, featuring Pikachu, and the two events featuring Eevee where the caught Pokémon had the exclusive Move. Trainers cannot use TMs to obtain the attack with exception of January 2018 event. Unlocking the second Charged Attack does not grant exclusive moves during Community Day.
In order to obtain the featured Attack, the Pokémon must be evolved fully within the duration of the event or during the additional hours.
|Since September 2019||2 hours|
|October 2018 to August 2019||1 hour|
|September 2018||30 minutes|
The following Community Days are chosen by Trainer's votes. For details, see each event individual page.
|September and October 2020|
|June and July 2020|
According to dataminers, one more future set may be voted by players. It is possible that this set was abandoned though.
- Main article: List of Special Research tasks#Community Day Researches
Since the Abra Community Day, for US$1 (or the equivalent in local currency), the player can unlock a Community Day–exclusive Special Research series.
Shop special offer
- Main article: List of shop special offers and promotions#Community Day
Starting with February 2018 Community Day there were several purchasable item bundle boxes from the shop for the time of each Community Day, except July 2018 and February 2019.
Since March 2018 Community Day they've been officially called "Community Day Box" and since May 2018 Community Day these boxes started to use separate graphic asset that would distinguish them from other special offer boxes in the shop.
- Research done by player community estimates that there was a 1 in 22.7 chance of capturing a shiny Pikachu.
- The same 1 in 22.7 chance of catching shiny variant of featured Pokémon applies to the next Community Days.
- With game update to version 0.101.0, there was graphic asset called "Community Day Box" added to the game files.
- During the Dratini Community Day until February 26, all 58 Unibail-Rodamco Pokémon GO shopping center locations across Europe activated Lure Modules at the PokéStops in their shopping centers from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. local time.
- Following the conclusion September 2018 Community Day event, players reported sightings of an undiscovered Pokémon, who was later identified as Meltan, which turned into Ditto once captured.
- Due to serious issues impacting October 2018 Community Day in the Asia-Pacific region, an additional Community Day was held on October 28th, 2018.
- Due to server issues impacting April 2019 Community Day in GMT +8, +9 and +10 time zones, affected events were extended for two hours. However, Niantic forgot to extend the evolution period. Outrage was not available for Salamence until ~8:30 P.M. local time.
- Niantic has never acknowledged this mistake in public.
- Due to the weather function was down during June 2019 Community Day on EMEA region, there was no increased spawn of Slakoth during the event hour. Niantic later announced Slakoth Day will return on July 4th to 7th. It was also stated that Slakoth spawn won't affect Pokémon appearance in Dortmund Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Due to a serious typhoon in Japan, the October 2019 Community Day in Japan was postponed to October 26th.
- Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-01-13.
- You'll Need a Bigger Bottle of Sunscreen for Our Pokémon GO Summer Events 2019! Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-04-04.
- SerebiiNet. (2019, May 22). Serebii Update: Official Taiwanese Pokémon GO Twitter account states the move Slaking gets in next month's Community Day is Body Slam. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-05-23.
- Pokémon GO 2019 year in review Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-12-17.
- Updated January Community Day times for Northern and Southern Hemispheres Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2019-12-18.
- NianticHelp. New for March Community Day. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-02-22.
- NianticHelp. (2018, March 21). Attn: UK Community Day attendees!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-03-22.
- PokemonGoApp. (2018, August 8). Our special Community Day weekend has one more surprise for you! You can evolve your Eevee until 1 P.M. PDT on Monday, August 13, and its Evolution will know the exclusive move Last Resort!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-08-10.
- Voting Quests Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-03-09.
- Estimating Community Day's Boosted Shiny Rate. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-01-31.
- PokemonGo Blog. Pokémon GO Fun and Festivities at Unibail-Rodamco Shopping Centers in February!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2020-07-16.
- PokemonGoApp. Attention, Trainers. We apologize for gameplay issues impacting Community Day in the Asian-Pacific region. We will be holding an additional Beldum Community Day for Asia-Pacific Trainers to make up for the inconvenience.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-10-31.
- PokemonGoApp. Due to gameplay issues impacting Community Day in the Asian-Pacific region, we will be holding an additional Beldum Community Day for Trainers in the Asia-Pacific region on October 28, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-10-31.
- NianticHelp. Trainers, we're still working on resolving the server issues. We have extended Community Day for an extra hour for the affected time zones (GMT+8, GMT+9 and GMT+10).. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-04-13.
- NianticHelp. The server issues have been addressed and we have extended Community Day for an additional hour for the affected time zones (GMT+7, GMT+8, GMT+9 and GMT+10).. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-04-13.
- Evolution is NOT extended to 9pm (GMT +8), just evolved my Shelgon and got DM instead of Outrage.. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-04-13.
- NianticHelp. Trainers, we are aware of gameplay issues that impacted the EMEA region during Community Day. Please stay tuned for a future announcement that includes the return of Slakoth later this summer.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-06-11.
- NianticHelp. (2019, June 25). Attention Trainers in EMEA: Starting July 4th at 10am CEST until July 7th at 6pm CEST, Slakoth will be appearing more frequently in your region. Twitter. Retrieved on 2019-06-26.
- October Community Day in Japan postponed due to typhoon. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-10-26.
- Postponed Japan Trapinch Community Day will take place on Saturday October 26th. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2019-10-26.