Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, Niantic hosts a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which appears frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught or evolved during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses are in effect during the event, such as increased XP, Stardust, shiny rate and Lure Modules activated during the event last for three hours.
List of Community Days
|1||January 20th, 2018|| |
|Surf|| 2× XP,|
|2||February 24th, 2018|| |
|Draco Meteor 1|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|3||March 25th, 2018|| |
|Frenzy Plant 1|| 3× catch XP,|
|4||April 15th, 2018|| |
|Dragon Pulse 1|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|5||May 19th, 2018|| |
|Blast Burn 1|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|6||June 16th, 2018 || |
|Smack Down 1|| 3× catch XP,|
|7||July 8th, 2018 || |
|Hydro Cannon 1|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|8||August 11th–12th, 2018 || |
|Last Resort3|| 3× catch Stardust,|
|9||September 22nd, 2018|| |
|Frenzy Plant 1|| 3× catch XP,|
|10||October 21st, 2018|| |
|Meteor Mash 1|| 1/4 Egg distance,|
|11||November 10th, 2018|| |
|Blast Burn 1|| 2× catch XP,|
2× catch Stardust
- The featured attack is exclusive to the featured Pokémon's final evolution within its family. In order to obtain the featured Attack, the Pokémon must be evolved fully within the duration of the event. Trainers cannot use TMs to obtain the attack.
- By completing Research tasks obtained during the event, there was an encounter of a 'Squirtle wearing sunglasses as reward. 
- The featured attack was available for all members in its evolution family until 1:00pm PDT on Monday August 13, 2018.
As the Community Day event lasts only for three hours, it doesn't occur at the same time globally, but during the afternoon in the respective time zones.
|Region||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone|
|Africa||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Americas||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||PST (GMT -8)|
|Asia-Pacific||12:00 P.M.||3:00 P.M.||JST (GMT +9)|
|Europe||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|India||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|Middle East||11:00 A.M.||2:00 P.M.||UTC (GMT +0)|
|UK||10:00 A.M.||1:00 P.M.||BST (GMT +1) |
Shop special offer
- Main article: List of shop special offers and promotions
Starting with February 2018 Community Day there were several purchasable item bundle boxes from the shop for the time of each Community Day.
Since March 2018 Community Day they've been officially called "Community Day Box" and since May 2018 Community Day these boxes started to use separate graphic asset that would distinguish them from other special offer boxes in the shop.
- Community Days happen on either Saturdays or Sundays.
- Except for August, 2018 event which happens on both Saturday and Sunday of that month.
- Fast TMs and Charged TMs don't grant exclusive moves during Community Day.
- However, exclusively, during the first Community Day in January, 2018 Charged TMs could grant any previously captured Pikachu Surf.
- Research done by player community estimates that there was a 1 in 22.7 chance of capturing a shiny Pikachu.
- The same 1 in 22.7 chance of catching shiny variant of featured Pokémon applies to the next Community Days.
- With game update to version 0.101.0, there was graphic asset called "Community Day Box" added to the game files.
- The August 2018 Community Day was the first multi-day event and featured split-evolutions.
- Following the conclusion September 2018 Community Day event, players reported sightings of an undiscovered Pokémon, who was later identified as Meltan, which turned into Ditto once captured.
- The September 2018 Community Day allowed Trainers to evolve their Bayleef up to 30 minutes after the event had ended.
- Starting from the October 2018 Community Day, Trainers are allowed to evolve their Pokemon up to an hour after the event had ended.
- Due to serious issues impacting October 2018 Community Day in the Asia-Pacific region, an additional Community Day was held on October 28th, 2018.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Introducing Pokémon GO Community Day!. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-01-13.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Get Pumped Up for Pokémon GO Summer Tour 2018! Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2018-05-08.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SerebiiNet. (2018, August 14). Serebii Update: The next Community Day timings beyond September have been announced. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-08-15.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. Attention, Trainers: if you complete Field Research tasks during Community Day, you may have a chance to encounter Squirtle sporting sunglasses.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-07-03.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. (2018, August 8). Our special Community Day weekend has one more surprise for you! You can evolve your Eevee until 1 P.M. PDT on Monday, August 13, and its Evolution will know the exclusive move Last Resort!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-08-10.
- ↑ NianticHelp. (2018, March 21). Attn: UK Community Day attendees!. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-03-22.
- ↑ Estimating Community Day's Boosted Shiny Rate. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2018-01-31.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. Attention, Trainers. We apologize for gameplay issues impacting Community Day in the Asian-Pacific region. We will be holding an additional Beldum Community Day for Asia-Pacific Trainers to make up for the inconvenience.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-10-31.
- ↑ PokemonGoApp. Due to gameplay issues impacting Community Day in the Asian-Pacific region, we will be holding an additional Beldum Community Day for Trainers in the Asia-Pacific region on October 28, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST.. Twitter. Retrieved on 2018-10-31.