Chinchou is a Water, Electric-type Pokémon from Johto region. It can evolve into Lanturn after being fed with 50 candies.
| Chinchou - Angler Pokémon
| Chinchou lets loose positive and negative electrical charges from its two antennas to make its prey faint. This Pokémon flashes its electric lights to exchange signals with others.
Chinchou is the part of a two-member family.
- Chinchou was released with the main release of Johto-region Pokémon on February 16th, 2017.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Chinchou is 959, however it can reach 1,039, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between March 22nd and March 29th, 2017, Chinchou's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- Between June 7th and June 21st, 2018, Chinchou's spawn rate in the wild was significantly higher during the Water Festival.
- From July 7th, 2017 to July 23rd, 2017, Chinchou used to be a possible hatchling from 10-km Eggs.
- From July 23rd, 2017 to Spring, 2018, Chinchou used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- From December 18th, 2018 to February 13th, 2019, Chinchou used to be a possible hatchling from 5-km Eggs.
- Chinchou page, on the official Pokédex website
- Chinchou article, on the Pokémon Wiki