Chimchar is a Fire-type Pokémon from Sinnoh region. It evolves into Monferno after being fed 25 candies and its final evolution is Infernape.
| Chimchar - Chimp Pokémon
| The gas made in its belly burns from its rear end. The fire burns weakly when it feels sick.
Chimchar is the part of a three-member family.
- Chimchar was released with the initial release of Sinnoh-region Pokémon on October 16th, 2018.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Chimchar is 820, however it can reach 889, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between June 13th and June 16th, 2019, Chimchar's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Chicago Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Between July 4th and July 7th, 2019, Chimchar's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Dortmund Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Between August 6th and August 12th, 2019, Chimchar's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Yokohama Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- Since February 13th, 2019, Chimchar can be hatched from 2-km Eggs with a 547 of maximal CP.
- Chimchar was available in field research: "Trade 10 Pokémon with a friend." during Lunar New Year 2019 with a maximum capture CP of 410.
- Chimchar was the Pokémon featured on the twenty-third Community Day that took place on November 16th, 2019.
- Shiny form of Chimchar was released on this Community Day.
- Chimchar page, on the official Pokédex website
- Chimchar article, on the Pokémon Wiki