Caterpie is a Bug-type Pokémon from Kanto region. It can evolve into Metapod when fed 12 candies and its final evolution form is Butterfree.
| Caterpie - Worm Pokémon
| Caterpie has a voracious appetite. It can devour leaves bigger than its body right before your eyes. From its antenna, this Pokémon releases a terrifically strong odor.
Caterpie is the part of a three-member family.
Caterpie seen in the game trailer
- Caterpie was released with the game launch on July 6th, 2016.
- In the wild, maximum capture CP of Caterpie is 374, however it can reach 406, if encountered Pokémon is boosted by current weather.
- Between April 2nd and April 9th, 2019, Caterpie's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Bug Out.
- Between July 4th and July 7th, 2019, Caterpie's global spawn rate was significantly higher during the Dortmund Pokémon GO Fest 2019.
- From July 6th, 2016 to February 16th, 2017, Caterpie used to be a possible hatchling from 2-km Eggs.
- As a former 1st tier Raid Boss, Caterpie's CP was 1,434. Its maximum capture CP in Bonus Challenge was 249 and 312 when encountered Pokémon was boosted by weather.
- Caterpie was available in field research: "Evolve 2 Pidgey." during November, 2018 with a maximum capture CP of 187.
- Caterpie was also available in field research: "Catch 2 Wurmple." during Bug Out 2019.
- Shiny form of Caterpie was released on November 1st, 2018.
- Caterpie page, on the official Pokédex website
- Caterpie article, on the Pokémon Wiki