BackgroundBattle parties are preset teams of up to six Pokémon that Trainer are able to create and customize to fit their needs. Trainers can create different parties for frequent Raid Battles, or have battle parties that take advantage of certain weather bonuses.
During the initial beta phase, battle parties were saved to a single device, so parties did not transfer if a Trainer bought a new device or used multiple devices to play Pokémon GO. Once the feature was fully launched, battle parties carried over to each device that a Trainer logs into.
With the introduction of Trainer Battles, Trainer can construct three battle parties for each league. However, only three Pokémon can be assigned in the battle party of this mode.
- The Battle Party system was first discovered in the game's code with the release of the 0.67.0 APK.
- The feature was rolled out in version 0.85.1.
- Battle League parties for Trainer Battles became available in version 0.131.1.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Developer Insights: Introducing Dynamic Weather Gameplay and Battle Parties. Pokémon GO Live. Retrieved on 2017-12-08.
- ↑ A new Battle Party feature has been discovered!. Pokémon GO Hub. Retrieved on 2017-12-06.
- ↑ The Silph Road's APK Teardown of v0.85.1 is Complete!. /r/TheSilphRoad. Retrieved on 2017-12-06.