It lives a quiet life on mountains that are perpetually covered in snow. It hides itself by whipping up blizzards.
It blankets wide areas in snow by whipping up blizzards. It is also known as "The Ice Monster".
- Weather Ball: added on July 27th, 2020
Abomasnow is part of a two-member family.
- Abomasnow was released on Holiday 2018 on December 18th, 2018.
- Shiny form of Abomasnow was released on Holiday 2019 on December 24th, 2019.
- Shadow form of Abomasnow was released on December 24th, 2019.
|In wild since 2018 Dec 18
Increased spawns in:
|Tier 4 CP 24,082
Visit List of Raid Bosses changes for complete appearance
|1,012||Special Research/Timed Research:|
Throwback Challenge 2020: Sinnoh - Completing 7th part
A Colossal Discovery - 2nd part: Evolve 7 Ice-type Pokémon
- Mega Abomasnow was released on December 1st, 2020.
- Shiny form of Mega Abomasnow was released on the same day.
|Mega Energy required:|
Mega Raid Battles
|Obtain Mega Energy from Mega Raid Battle|
Boss CP 34,721
Catch CP 1,349/1,687 (weather boosted)
25× - Power up Pokémon 5 times;
70× - Power up Pokémon 10 times: A Mega Moment
50× - Power up Pokémon 5 times: Sustainability Week 2022
20× - Use 10 supereffective Charged Attacks: 2021 Dec - 2022 Jan
25× - Take 3 snapshots of wild Ice-type Pokémon: Holiday 2021
10× - Power up Pokémon 7 times: Charge Up
- Abomasnow is a tier 4 Raid Boss most recently. However, it used to be a tier 3 before.
- Normally, evolved stages of Pokémon cannot be shiny in encounter screen, but after its Mega Evolution release, Abomasnow could.
- Before the release of Mega Levels, Abomasnow could Mega Evolve into Mega Abomasnow initially after being given 200 Mega Energy, and 40 afterwards.
- page, on the official Pokédex website
- article, on the Bulbapedia
- Abomasnow article, on the Pokémon Wiki