- Special Research — Trainers can complete new Special Research task series — Jump-Start Research for helpful rewards that can jump-start their new or continuing adventures. This Special Research is only available this summer for players at level 10 or higher.
- Raid bonuses — Take down Raid Bosses faster and earn extra bonus Premier Balls with friends.
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading — Trading Pokémon costs 75% Stardust.
- Through July 6th — Once per day, Trainers had the chance to encounter a Pikachu wearing a party hat when taking a GO Snapshot photo. Pichu wearing a party hat was also available to hatch from 7-km Eggs.
Some Alolan Pokémon appeared more frequently in the wild.
These Shiny Pokémon would be released with the start of the event:
Shop special offer
Avatar items featuring the Team Leaders' personal styles are available in the Style Shop.
There were four bundles available during the 3rd Anniversary. They were added on June 30th.
- Similarly to the key artwork of previous anniversary, Starter Pokémon from a region that hadn't been released at the time were featured. In this case, they are Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott - Unova Starter Pokémon.